Hurricanes Gustav and Ike, which impacted Louisiana on September 1 and 12, 2008:
- caused 51 deaths
- flooded 12,000 - 13,000 homes and damaged 150,000 - 300,000
- caused an estimated $8 - $20 billion in physical damage
- were responsible for more than $1 billion in public infrastructure damage
- caused $2 - $7 billion in housing damages, including $1.7 billion in uninsured losses.
Gustav severely impacted 43 parishes; Ike severely impacted 14. The economic activity losses for both storms could reach a combined $5 billion.
- Economic Impact of hurricanes Gustav and Ike on Louisiana (.html version)
- Overview of damages from the hurricanes and LRA's recovery plans (.html version)