State of Louisiana
DIVISION OF ADMINISTRATION
OFFICE OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT
M. J. ”MIKE” FOSTER, JR.
COMMISSIONER OF ADMINISTRATION
MARK C. DRENNEN
July 22, 2003
TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFORMATION NOTICE NUMBER 03-04
SUBJECT: Web Billing Implementation
If you have chosen to retrieve your Office of Telecommunications Management (OTM) bill
electronically, go to louisiana.gov/otm/bill . You may retrieve your bill on the fifth business day of
the following month; e.g., the July Cost Center Detail Report may be viewed and downloaded on
or after August 7, 2003. OTM will continue to mail the summary of charges/ invoice and
supporting documentation to users at no cost. In order to view and download your OTM bill
electronically, the following requirements must be met:
• You must be a designated Telecommunication Coordinator (TC) for your
• You must have completed and returned to OTM form OTM 26 (Required Information from
Telecommunication Coordinators for OTM Web Billing Security Access), which is
available at louisiana.gov/otm/forms/otm26.pdf .
• Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater must be used as the Internet browser in order to view and
download billing reports.
If you have not completed the actions mentioned above, a hard copy of your bill will be mailed to
your agency for the July 2003 OTM bill, and you will be charged $.50 per printed page. Printing
charges will be billed in arrears; e.g., printing cost for the July bill will appear on the August bill.
The cost for duplicate bills will also be $.50 per printed page.
Three months of billing data will be kept on the OTM billing website. If you request a copy of
data older than three months, OTM will retrieve the billing data from disk, and your agency will be
billed for printing. Duplicate copies of the OTM bill are $.50 per printed page.
Helpful Hints for Web Billing Users
• If your OTM bill is large and you decide to print the bill, you should direct it to a printer that
can handle a heavy volume. Please provide a copy of this TIN to your Information
technology/data processing staff.
• Follow the directives of your fiscal services office regarding record retention for the OTM
bill and the accuracy of cost center numbers you are allowed to view. Please provide a
copy of this TIN to your fiscal services staff.
• When downloading the Cost Center Detail Report from the OTM billing Web page,
remember to save the document(s) with the month/cost center/location in the file name.
When the Cost Center Detail Report is saved, the file will not automatically indicate the
cost center/location/date in the file name; you must provide this information, or the
generic file name of CCDetailReport.cvs will appear as the file name.
POST OFFICE BOX 94280 • 150 THIRD STREET • BATON ROUGE, LA 70804-9280
(225) 342-7701 • Fax (225) 342-6867
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
• The OTM Web User Guide can be accessed at louisiana.gov/otm/bill/userhandbook.pdf .
If you have questions about the documentation contact Rose Trahan at 225-342-7718 or
Dana Maxfield at 225-342-9667. If you would like to attend a training session regarding
the OTM User Guide, contact Rhonda Brown at 225-342-7725.
• The OTM Web Administrator Guide can be accessed at
l ouisiana.gov/otm/bill/adminhandbook.pdf . If you have questions about the
documentation contact Rose Trahan at 225-342-7718 or Dana Maxfield at 225-342-9667.
If you would like to attend a training session regarding the OTM Web Administrator
Guide, contact Rhonda Brown at 225-342-7725.
Telecommunication Coordinator and Cost Center Changes
To add or delete TCs complete form OTM-11. It can be found at
louisiana.gov/otm/forms/otm11.pdf . Submit cost center number additions or deletions to Brenda
Turner at 225-342-7743 or e-mail email@example.com. You must inform Brenda if the billing detail
associated with these cost center numbers will be viewed on the web or if it will be printed.
Cost center number changes received on or before the 19th of the month that affect web billing
reports or the printed OTM bill will appear on the current month’s bill; e.g., a change received by
OTM on the 19th of July will be reflected on the July bill. Changes received after the 19th of July
will appear on the August bill. Please have your agency fiscal officer review OTM cost center
numbers you are allowed to view on-line for accuracy.
How To Report Problems With The OTM Web Billing Site
• Call the OTM Help Desk at 225-342-7777.
• Describe the problem you are experiencing:
• Problem accessing the site—password is not allowing user to access site.
• Able to access site but having problems accessing reports or cost center/accounting
• Have accessed report, but cannot download the report.
• Need to have user or administrator deleted from the system.
• Other—problem not described above.
• Get an OTM trouble ticket number from the Help Desk agent.
• OTM personnel responsible for resolution of the trouble will contact you within five
• OTM Help Desk personnel will follow up and close out the problem with the user.
If you have questions concerning this TIN, contact Rose Trahan at 225-342-7718 or e-mail