Telecommunications Information Notice 07-01
Video Conferencing Equipment Changes
January 17, 2007
The Office of Telecommunications Management (OTM) recently re-bid the video conferencing equipment contracts. The new Polycom contract became effective on September 1, 2006, and the new Tandberg contract became effective on October 1, 2006.
The vendor (primary contractor) for both contracts is Wire One Communications, Inc. The contract numbers are as follows:
Polycom Contract Number: 406677
Tandberg Contract Number: 406720
Please make note of the following changes from prior contracts, which are pertinent to the new contracts.Pricing
- Discount (percentage) off manufacturer's list price
- Integrator services to be included (no additional charge)
- Includes presales consultation and room design
- Installation/setup at hourly rate
- Agency will issue a statement of work and contractor must respond with a fixed and firm quote for installation of equipment prior to work being done.
- Maintenance Plans--discount off manufacturer's list price
- Installation Required
- Agency submits a statement of work with an itemized quote request to Wire One, including a request for a fixed and firm quote for number of hours for installation of equipment.
- Wire One responds to agency's statement of work/itemized quote request with a written itemized quote, including a fixed and firm quote for number of hours for installation of equipment, prior to work being done. The quote shall also include each item required for purchase.
- Agency issues a purchase order by category/percent discount off manufacturer's suggested repair price list (MSRP) for items listed in Wire One's quote, including the fixed number of hours for installation.
- No Installation Required
- Agency submits an itemized quote request to Wire One.
- Wire One responds to agency's quote request with an itemized quote listing each item required for purchase.
- Agency issues a purchase order by category/percent discount off manufacturer's suggested repair price list (MSRP) for items listed in Wire One's quote.
- For all orders, the agency must keep accurate records of all items ordered for auditing purposes, including a copy of Wire One's response to their statement of work/itemized quote request.
Creative Presentations was selected as the secondary contractor for both Tandberg and Polycom video equipment. However, this vendor's video conferencing equipment contracts are not available for use unless there is an emergency situation (determined by the Office of State Purchasing) or the primary contractor is in default of a contract. If either occurs, ISIS will be amended to reflect this change and orders will be allowed through Creative Presentations. Otherwise, Wire One is the only vendor allowed to accept orders for video equipment.
Please distribute this information to all purchasing, telecommunications, and information technology staff.
All questions about this notice should be directed to Susie Pace with the OTM Video Network Services Section at 225-342-8827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.