The Department of Civil Service has revised the mandatory training policy. Changes are effective July 1, 2008. Here is a brief summary of changes:
- Program name is changing to "Minimum Supervisory Training Requirements" to more accurately reflect the intent of the policy.
- Supervisors will be required to complete the newly implemented requirements if they did not complete their current mandatory classes by June 30, 2008.
- There will still be three supervisory groups.
- Supervisory Group 1 class advertisements will identify the focus as either "Traditional" or "Nontraditional" supervisory level jobs.
- More course options will be available for Supervisory Groups 2 and 3.
The job titles in each supervisory group can be found on the Civil Service web site. Supervisory Group 1 is comprised of job titles which are primarily first-line supervisors. Supervisory Group 2 is comprised of second-line supervisors and state managers. Supervisory Group 3 is comprised of the highest level administrative positions within the state classified system. The official list of jobs in each supervisory groupis continually refined and updated by Civil Service, so be sure to use the most current list of job titles found on the Civil Service web site.
Mandatory Training Requirements by Supervisory Group (from C.S. General Circular 1473) -- This is the original list of requirements for supervisors who occupied jobs in a supervisory group, effective July 2003 through June 30, 2008.
Minimum Supervisory Training Requirements by Supervisory Group (from C.S. General Circular 1721) -- This is the revised list of requirements for supervisors who occupy jobs in a supervisory group effective July 1, 2008, who have not completed their minimum requirements.
For more information about the Department of Civil Service's mandatory training policy, visit the Civil Service web site, and click on the link to mandatory training, or call them at (225) 342-8274.
Following is a list by supervisory group of mandatory training classes that are currently scheduled. For a complete list of all CPTP courses currently on the schedule, see the CPTP Class Schedule by City.