|Louisiana.gov > Division of Administration > Office of Information Technology > Program Management||Text Size|
The Statewide Project Management initiative is being launched by the Office of Information Technology to foster an environment for improved performance of project delivery. It will provide standards, guidance, and oversight of major IT Projects within the Executive Branch of State Government.
Statewide Project Management will support State Agencies in the management and delivery of selected IT initiatives by:
- Developing project management standards that address the entire project life-cycle;
- Developing project management certification standards to enhance the ability of internal agency staff to manage IT projects thoroughly and efficiently;
- Developing the PMO Oversight Policy that provides for a thorough review of project planning documents prior to an agency initiating the Execution and Control Phase;
- Developing a Resources Library from which an agency can download templates and samples of documents that need to be retained for the historical record of a project;
- Assisting State Agencies in other project management areas, including, but not limited to:
- Navigation of the Technology Procurement process;
- Definition and deployment of collection and reporting of Key Performance Indicator metrics;
- Maintenance of Project Portfolio Repository, which is a historical record of completed PMO-engaged projects.