|Louisiana.gov > Division of Administration > Office of Information Technology > Strategic Planning||Text Size|
Strategic Planning and Oversight serves as the central support staff for the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Review, coordinate, standardize, and approve IT strategic business technology planning, IT procurement, IT budgeting, and IT personnel.
- Prepare and maintain the Statewide Information Technology (IT) Master Plan.
- Establish IT architecture, standards, and guidelines for the acquisition and use of hardware, software, services, contractual agreements, consolidation of systems and consolidations of management systems.
- Implement strategic planning, including the review and approval of the planning, design, acquisition, and operation of the IT systems; assessing the performance of IT systems and technology operations; spawning IT initiatives to effect accomplishment of strategic goals.
- Assign staff by specific agency or department to act as a contact and liaison.
- Oversee and/or coordinate the establishment of a statewide enterprise environment through centralization of the technology systems and data processing systems, consolidation and outsourcing where appropriate.
- Coordinate implementation of statewide master contracts for hardware, software, and services.
- Serve as technical support to the Louisiana Technology Innovation Fund Council.
- Serve as technical advisor for the OSP and OCR Procurement Support Teams (PST's).