Amend Executive Order NO. KBB 2004-28
Advisory Council on Child Care and Development
Block Grant Program
WHEREAS, it is necessary to amend Executive Order No. KBB 2004-28 in order to expand the voting membership of the Council;
NOW THEREFORE I, KATHLEEN BABINEAUX BLANCO, Governor of the state of Louisiana, by virtue of the authority vested by the Constitution and laws of the state of Louisiana, do hereby order and direct as follows:
SECTION 1: Section 4 of Executive Order No. KBB 2004-28, issued on August 20, 2004, is amended as follows:
The Council shall be composed of sixteen (16) voting members and three (3) ex-officio, non-voting members who shall be appointed by, and serve at the pleasure of the governor.
A. The voting membership of the Council shall represent the following agencies, organizations, and special interest groups:
1. Non-profit, family-oriented organizations domiciled within the geographic boundaries of Greater New Orleans;
2. Non-profit, family-oriented organizations domiciled within the geographic boundaries of North Louisiana;
3. The Louisiana Head Start Association;
4. The Institute of Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health at Tulane University;
5. The Louisiana Association for the Education of Young Children;
6. The National Association for Family Child Care;
7. Prevent Child Abuse Louisiana;
8. Child development programs at a Louisiana college or university;
9. Child care providers who provide services within the state of Louisiana;
10. Parents with at least one (1) child who is currently receiving care at a day care facility;
11. Church operated day care centers operating within the state of Louisiana;
12. Trainers of child day care providers within the state of Louisiana; and
13. Four (4) at-large members.
B. The ex-officio, non-voting membership of the Council shall be selected as follows:
1. The secretary of the Department of Social Services, or the secretary's designee;
2. The director of the Bureau of Licensing, Department of Social Services, or the director's designee; and
3. The secretary of the Department of Education, or the secretary's designee.
SECTION 2: All other sections, subsections, and paragraphs of Executive Order No. KBB 2004-28 shall remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 3: This Order is effective upon signature and shall continue in effect until amended, modified, terminated, or rescinded by the governor, or terminated by operation of law.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have set my hand officially and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of Louisiana, at the Capitol, in the city of Baton Rouge, on this 7th day of October, 2004.
Kathleen Babineaux Blanco
Secretary of State