Louisiana Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission
Amend Executive Order BJ 08-49
WHEREAS , Executive Order No. BJ 2008-49, issued on August 22, 2008, reestablished the Louisiana Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission (hereafter "Commission") designed to inform the public about the impact Abraham Lincoln had on the development of our great nation and to find the best possible ways to honor his accomplishments; and
WHEREAS, it is necessary to amend BJ 2008-49 to provide for additional seats on the Commission;
NOW THEREFORE, I, Bobby Jindal, Governor of the state of Louisiana, by virtue of the authority vested by the Constitution and the laws of the state of Louisiana, do hereby order and direct as follows:
SECTION 1: Section 4 of Executive Order No. BJ 2008-49, issued on August 22, 2008, is amended as follows:
A. The Commission shall be composed as follows:
1. The Louisiana state liaison to the National Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission Governors’ Council;
2. The Governor or the Governor’s designee;
3. The Lieutenant Governor or the Lieutenant Governor’s designee;
4. The Secretary of State or the Secretary’s designee;
5. The director of the State Museum, Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism;
6. The State Museums Program coordinator, Department of State;
7. The state librarian, Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism;
8. The state archivist, Department of State;
9. One member of the House of Representatives appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives;
10. One member of the Senate appointed by the President of the Senate; and
11. Additional members from the state at-large appointed by the Governor as he deems necessary.
SECTION 2: All other sections, subsections, and paragraphs of Executive Order No. BJ 2008-49, issued on August 22, 2008, shall remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 3: This Order is effective upon signature and shall continue in effect until amended, modified, terminated or rescinded by the governor, or terminated by operation of law.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have set my hand officially and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of Louisiana, at the Capitol, in the city of Baton Rouge, on this 26th day of September, 2008.
Secretary of State