Data Dial Tone
The Data Dial Tone Line of Service provides secure TCP/IP over Ethernet connectivity within the Louisiana Secure Intranet between end-users and agency resources at the shared Data Centers in Baton Rouge as well as protected access to the Intranet from remote locations. This service includes all connectivity from each end-station, through a shared Local Area Network switching infrastructure, across a Gigabit Ethernet backbone, to the Data Centers and to the Internet.
For a complete description of the Data Dial Tone Services LAN architecture and infrastructure, click here.
Who Can Use This Service?
OTM provides Data Dial Tone and DMZ Services to state agencies in the Capitol Park Complex in downtown Baton Rouge as new buildings in the complex are opened for occupancy, as well as to other locations deemed part of the "LSI virtual campus".
Subscription to Data Dial Tone services requires that the agency participate in the State's private Intranet. The State has created a private IP addressing scheme to be used by all participants. OTM assigns private and public IP address ranges to each agency. Agencies should be aware that conversion to the standard private addressing scheme is required in order to subscribe to Data Dial Tone services.
Data Dial Tone Service Offerings
- Data Center and Building Connectivity
- Desktop Access is used in the buildings served by Data Dial Tone to provide 10/100Mb access for PCs, network printers and in-building servers.
- Server Access is used in the shared Data Centers to provide 10/100/1000Mb access for agency private and public servers and mainframes.
- Network Access is used in the buildings or data centers for connecting an agency access switch to the OTM aggregation switches. Note: This type of access is only available in certain special cases. Most connectivity will now be provided via Desktop and Server Access.
- DMZ--Agencies that offer on publicly accessible servers must subscribe to Data Dial Tone DMZ services. Agency public servers are placed in a secured Demilitarized Zone and are protected by OTM-provided firewalls. An agency purchases a Server Access port for each device located within the DMZ and connects those public servers to the OTM DMZ switch. In addition to the access port(s), the agency purchases bandwidth for its collective group of servers located within the DMZ network. (See diagram)
- VPN--The Data Dial Tone VPN (Virtual Private Network) service provides secure, encrypted remote access to the Intranet from remote locations. This service is available for authorized individuals who need access to the network from remote locations as well as for small remote offices that need secure connectivity back to their agency's internal data center resources. Each agency maintains their own database of authorized users, and OTM proxies to those agency authentication servers. An agency may purchase access for their collective remote user group and/or for each of their remote offices on a bandwidth subscription basis. OTM does not limit the number of users allowed from each agency.
- Wireless LAN--OTM will provide free Internet Only wireless access in one common
area of each Data Dial Tone building, generally the first floor where multiple
shared conference rooms and/or training rooms are located. Agencies will also
have the option of subscribing to a paid service in other areas of their home
building. Subscription options include 1) portal-dependent guest user access,
2) VPN-dependent agency user access and 3) independent agency user access. A
monthly fee will be associated with each access point used to serve the requested
Network troubles should be reported by the agency's IT staff to the OTM Help Desk by calling 225 342-7777. Click here for more details.
There are no setup or installation charges for initial establishment of Data Dial Tone service in a new building. However, there are fees associated with adding, deleting, or changing features once service is initially established. There are standard fees for "simple" changes, such as enabling a port for a new user, or moving a user from one area on a floor to another. Other charges may apply depending upon complexity of the change.
Agencies subscribing to Data Dial Tone service are billed for Consolidated Network Service (CNA) and selected bandwidth subcription for DMZ and user INTERNET bandwidth.
There are no fees associated with Firewall changes.
Installation fees apply when establishing Wireless LAN and/or VPN
How to Order
Agencies should submit requests to the OTM LAN Support Group using the forms below. For complex changes OTM will prepare an estimate of charges for agency review prior to execution of work. See the add, deletes and changes workflow for more details.
OTM Advanced Services-
|Section||Network Services LAN Support|
OTM LAN Support-