Video Conferencing Equipment Changes
September 14, 2011
The Office of Telecommunications Management (OTM) recently awarded the new contract for Tandberg video conferencing equipment to Audio Visual Innovations, Inc. (AVI). The contract became effective August 16, 2011. The current contract for Polycom video conferencing equipment has been extended to February 29, 2012. The Polycom contract is being rebid.
|Polycom||406677||BT Conferencing Video, Inc.|
|Tandberg||408906||Audio Visual Innovations, Inc. (AVI)|
- Discount (percentage) off manufacturer's list price
- Integrator services to be included
- Includes presales consultation and room design
- Installation/setup at hourly rate
- Agency will issue a statement of work and contractor must respond with a fixed and firm quote for installation of equipment prior to work being done.
- Maintenance Plans--discount off manufacturer's list price
- OTM does not review or process agency orders for the equipment. Agencies deal directly with the contractors.
- Installation Required:
- Agency submits a statement of work with an itemized quote request to the contractor, including a request for a fixed and firm quote for number of hours for installation of equipment.
- The contractor responds to agency's statement of work/itemized quote request with a written itemized quote, including a fixed and firm quote for number of hours for installation of equipment, prior to work being done. The quote shall also include each item required for purchase.
- Agency issues a purchase order by category/percent discount off manufacturer's suggested repair price list (MSRP) for items listed in the contractor's quote, including the fixed number of hours for installation.
- No Installation Required:
- Agency submits an itemized quote request to the contractor.
- The contractor responds to agency's quote request with an itemized quote listing each item required for purchase.
- Agency issues a purchase order by category/percent discount off manufacturer's suggested repair price list (MSRP) for items listed in the contractor's quote.
- For all orders, the agency must keep accurate records of all items ordered for auditing purposes, including a copy of the contractor's response to their statement of work/itemized quote request.
- Agencies are billed directly by the contractor. Agencies will pay the vendor's invoice. OTM is not responsible for paying the vendor or reviewing the vendor's invoice for audit purposes.
Please distribute this information to all purchasing, telecommunications, and information technology staff.
All questions about this notice should be directed to Ruth Werling May with the OTM Messaging Section at 225 342-0547 or firstname.lastname@example.org.